Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All That A** In Them Jeans -Waka Flocka Flame


Lately, I have been to busy to sleep, to tired to think, and generally in a state of confusion. I've never been this busy before, but I enjoy not having so much idle time these days. The downside, however, is that my once committed relationship with the gym has been neglected. I feel bad partly because I was so consistant with my exercise and strict with my diet. I think the thing that made it so easy for me to get out of the habit was the excuse of not having time. BUT, the truth is that one will make time for something that they want to do. I felt a little discouraged because I wasn't losing any weight after working so hard for 3 months. The same thing happened to me the summer before so I just sort of gave up. But, I have definitely noticed a difference, although I was not losing weight, I was much healthier. So, I have been trying to schedule an appointment with an internist to see if there is something wrong with me and to help me come up with a healthy plan to lose 50 lbs.

While I am uncomfortable with my weight, because I am used to being a size 11/13, I still find myself to be very attractive. So, I find it rude that people feel that I am ENTITLED to THEIR opinion about my weight,especially males. The funny thing is, its the males whose opinions matter the least, because they have the least room to talk. It seems that most people want me to fit into the mold of what they think I should look like. If I'm comfortable being me then you should be okay with that, but I could care less either way. I've always been a confident person and that won't change whether I'm 150 or 200lbs. I just get tired of people pushing their insecurities and personal preferences off on me as if I've done nothing but sat on my a** and eat, which is not the case at all.

Anyway, I say all of that to say this: Know WHO you are and WHOSE you are, and no one else will matter. My mom sent me a very encouraging scripture this past Sunday after we talked about this issue. Ephesisans 2 - I read the entire chapter. I hope it encourages you as it did for me.

-Ree

No comments:

Post a Comment