Tuesday, September 7, 2010

#BLACKfistpump

For the last three years, Norton's Anthology of African American Literature has become like a bestfriend to me. It is one of the books I hold near and dear to my heart. Weird thing is that it's a textbook, but one unlike any other. It has some of the most phenomenal African American writers I've ever had the honor to read. Everytime I open it, I feel as though the book was written for me. It's as if every writer is speaking directly to me. I thank God for this book because it inspires me in ways unimaginable. I am a true #nerd for speaking so passionately about a composition of over 2000 pages, but this book reminds me of how intelligent African Americans can be despite the n*****s we see in everday life. Even more crazy, the book only cost me $6 on amazon.

some of my other favorites:

"What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day" -Pearl Cleage
"I Wish I Wore a Red Dress"- Pearl Cleage
"Some Things I Never Thought I'd Do" -Pearl Cleage
"Baby Brother's Blues" - Pearl Cleage
"Parable of the Sower" -Octavia Butler

Can you tell I love Pearl Cleage??? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment