Sunday, December 13, 2009

STARTING FRESH




People use the coming of each new year to make a list of "resolutions" or promises to themselves that they won't keep. Personally I take the coming of a new year as an opportunity to leave all the baggage from the previous year and start anew. I don't say I'm going to lose weight because I'm going to keep eating those $5 foot longs, I don't resolve to stop procrastinating, because I'm still going to wait to the night before a five page paper is due to decide that I'll get up at 5a.m. to write it. I am going to simply resolve to stop letting people take advantage of me. My circle of friends and family has recently begun to shrink and I am absolutely okay with that...but I still have this one cancerous cell that I can't get rid of...."they say" it takes 7 days to form a habit whether bad or good and 3x's as long to break it....so what if I continuously formed this bad habit for 6years how long does that take???

Emotions are funny things and lately I have been over powered with them. I have given so much of myself to others that I have nothing left for myself. Recently, I let a counselor (not a psychiatrist) pick my brain. I tried to let her objective eye in on my life but it seems that I was just too complex to her, but to me it was all so SIMPLE. She said that I should look at the situations that I have been dealing with and try to see what I can learn from them. All I have learned is that when I try to do what I was told was the right thing, it backfires so my attitude from now on is eff yooo if your not for the advancement of my life...

sincerely,

complexxx

No comments:

Post a Comment